From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fluxbox without xorg-server? How do you start X?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:33:57
1 Just curious. The fluxbox ebuild doesn't emerge xorg-server which
2 means I now have a machine with fluxbox emerged but I don't know how
3 to start it as there is no xstart on the machine.
4
5 What would be the lightest way to get X running right now? man
6 startfluxbox suggests fluxbox can be started from .xsession if I use
7 xdm and xdm doesn't seem to require very much be emerged so I'm doing
8 that now.
9
10 The purpose of this experiment is that if I get X going then I have a
11 chance of seeing whether the the Open Source ati-driver TV feature out
12 actually works for my 9100 IGP chipset.
13
14 Thanks in advance,
15 Mark