From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] [ot now?] pants
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:53:18
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Justin Findlay [mailto:justin@××××××××.us]
3 > Sent: 10 January 2007 07:24
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pants
6 >
7 > At the risk of appearing too willing to always defer to the RFC's here
8 > is a quotation from the appropriate RFC,
9 > http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
10 >
11 > - Use smileys to indicate tone of voice, but use them sparingly.
12 > :-) is an example of a smiley (Look sideways). Don't assume
13 > that the inclusion of a smiley will make the recipient happy
14 > with what you say or wipe out an otherwise insulting comment.
15 >
16 > Therefore, total lack of standards. Ye haw!
17 >
18 > . .
19 > \_/
22 > Justin
23
24 The example given is :-)
25 Maybe (-: is for left handed people?
26
27 I do use >.> a bit (shifty eyes) or >.< (excited/shocked) though which
28 aren't sideways :>
29
30 David "7.40am is for playing on emails not working, silly" Nelson
31
32 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
33 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
34 list.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list