From: Marco Schuler <listworks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem installing GRUB
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:18:06
1 Hi all,
2
3 after using other distributions for years I finally decided to go with
4 gentto to have to most flexibility. So here I am :-)
5
6 I got trough the gentoo installation up to the point of installing
7 grub. After the command 'grub-install /dev/hda' my machine hangs
8 displaying the following meassage:
9 Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time
10
11 I already searched the net to find a solution. The only thing I could
12 find was on http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/grub-error-guide.xml
13
14 The comment on my problem:
15 One reported cause was an exotic configuration of disk devices, like
16 ultra/non-ultra DMA disks on one cable.
17
18 I am installing on my notebook (only one HD) so the hint above did not
19 help me very much...
20
21 Any hint or tips? Thanks a lot in advance!
24 Cheers,
25 Marco
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list