From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is faster: amd64 or x86?
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:46:45
1 On 8/10/20 7:21 PM, Sid Spry wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 10, 2020, at 1:19 PM, Никита Степанов wrote:
3 >> What is faster: amd64 or x86?
4 > amd64. Theoretically if you dumped a lot of money into a modern
5 > x86 implementation it could be faster due mostly to a smaller die
6 > area.
7 As stated, I think it's a meaningless question.  Is the question about
8 clock speed?  I don't know the fastest rating for either, but that
9 likely depends simply on which was the more recent release.  If the
10 question is about overall throughput, then it isn't really speed being
11 asked about, unless you specifically say which is faster at completing
12 some specific task.
13
14 Nikita, what are you really asking about? Or, are you just looking to
15 stir the pot?