From: Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] create packages of every installed program
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:23:34
1 Hi Richard,
2
3 > > Where do they go when you do that? How do you use them later?
4 >
5 > They go into your PKGDIR directory (normally /usr/portage/packages).
6 >
7 > To use them later, specify the --usepkg/--usepkgonly options to
8 > emerge. For example, I currently have portage-2.1_pre3-r1 through
9 > portage-2.1_pre6-r2 packages. If I have a problem with pre6-r2, and
10 > want to quickly downgrade, I can do something like:
11 >
12 > emerge --oneshot --usepkgonly =sys-apps/portage-2.1_pre5-r4
13 >
14 > This is really useful for large packages that take a long time to
15 > compile, like X, KDE, or openoffice.org.
18 thanks for this info... in fact i was searching for the packages in
19 the /var/db directory and i could not find anything...
20
21 Regards,
22 MC
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list