From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: X11 traffic analyzer
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:58:57
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 19:28 on Wednesday 08 September 2010, James
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > Alex Schuster <wonko <at> wonkology.org> writes:
5 > > Is there such a thing as a traffic/protocol analyzer for X11?
6 >
7 > Dunno, but, I'll look into using NMAP for it, as there are
8 > thousands of protocols, even some very obscure ones, that
9 > you can sniff/analyze with Nmap. I'd be surprised if X11
10 > cannot be sniffed with Nmap.....
11 >
12 > Or coarse, you might have to do something non standard, like
13 > debug it across an interface (between different computers).
16 You said nmap, did you not perhaps mean tcpdump?
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com