From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuilds and overlay
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:20:57
1 > However, if you have a very urgent issue, IRC might be more suitable, but then
2 > people will keep hitting the same issue and asking the same questions because
3 > these are not searchable.
6 That is also the reason why I tend also to answer or summarize even my
7 own questions, like in this case.
8
9 A question without an answer is worthless as database. A question with
10 an answer, saves many postings in the future, even if it results in
11 one additional posting. Before I ask any question I always try to find
12 an answer by the search machines first.
13
14 Unfortunately if the question is rather common and stupid, but has few
15 specific search words, it is difficult to find a previous answer, even
16 if answered a thousand times before. That is thing Florian want's to
17 point out. Such a question better goes to IRC.
18
19 Al