From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacity-2.0.5 failed to compile
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 13:20:19
1 On 03/09/2015 15:06, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 02:25:47PM -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> I've tried to post a "log" file to the http://pastebin.com/ you
4 >> suggested but I can only paste the limited size file (not upload it).
5 >> Since the txt file is 7.4Mb in size, I can not paste it.
6 >> Though, I have compress the file as tar.gz (so it is only 267kB)
7 >> here is the link:
8 >>
9 >> http://www.sysconcept.ca/audacity_error.tar.gz
10 >>
11 >> If somebody whats to look at it, I appreciate it.
12 >> Meanwhile, I'll be following other folks suggestion and see if I can get
13 >> a positive result to this error.
14 >>
15 >> Thelma
16 >
17 > I tried to download it but got a 403 Forbidden HTTP error.
18 >
19 > This might be a bad suggestion, but if you have a lot of time, it might
20 > be easier to uninstall audacity and any other packages that have been
21 > giving you problems, then `emerge -uDN --with-bdeps=y @world`, then
22 > `emerge --depclean', and then install all the stuff you need.
23 >
24 > I believe someone else mentioned checking /var/lib/portage/world and
25 > making sure that it doesn't contain any virtuals - it might also be good
26 > to remove from it any software that you do not directly need.
29 Even better - Thelma should just post the entire /var/lib/portage/world
30 file so we can advise what to take out.
31
32 Most newbies clutter up their world needlessly, it takes a bit of
33 practice to grok what should be in their
37 Alan McKinnon
38 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com