From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: auto rename konsole session tabs?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:54:56
1 On Tuesday 03 October 2006 19:04, James wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > OT: I use kde and quite a lot of konsole sessions for admin of many other
5 > systems. I currently manually use 'rename' in kde to put the system's
6 > hostname into the tab (located at the bottom of the window), for quick
7 > reference. Is there a way (trick) to automatically do this?
8 >
9 > My prompt (command line) does this automatically, I just want the hostname
10 > of the remote host(or IP address) I ssh into to replace the 'shell #'
11 > that is there by default. If not ssh'd into a remote system, then the
12 > default 'shell #' is ok as the default.
13
14 Not sure if you can rename them based on what you run in the session.
15 But you can name them when you start a session.
16
17 Click on the menu entry Settings->Configure Konsole
18 Choose the Session tab.
19
20 Create a new session for each remote machine
21
22 "Name" is used in the tabname, so you can enter the hostname.
23 "Execute" is used to start the session, if you want to start ssh directly
24 enter "ssh <host>" here.
25
26 There are a few examples present you can look at.
27 You probably haven't used them yet, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this :)
28
29 When you want a new session you should choose the session you configured
30 instead of the default session named "Shell".
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list