From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + incron wheel's remake : hal/dbus usefulness quest
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:27:36
1 On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:59:14 +0200
2 gibboris@×××××.com wrote:
3
4 > A small email to sumarize some thoughts about udev, removable
5 > storage and incron to make the job of hal and re-invent the wheel.
6 ...
7 > I would be curious to read some advices about this architecture.
8
9 Nice. I have a temptation to copy-paste it right now, but there's just
10 no point, since I can't remember when I last plugged in an unknown
11 device.
12
13 > I also have 2 questions :
14 > - what's the way to have a incremental number for unknown devices like
15 > /mnt/remusb1 then /mnt/remusb2 instead of /mnt/remusb (within udev) ?
16
17 Prehaps create a simple script that reads /etc/mtab and checks what
18 remusb mountpoints are used, picking a free one or creating additional
19 path.
20
21 > - where to put the creation of /tmp/.incron.device in the init scripts
22 > to be sure it will be created BEFORE incron starts (without having to
23 > create a new startup script) ?
24
25 Since it belongs to incron (and useless without one), shouldn't it be
26 only logical to put these lines into incron init.d script?
27 Sure, there'd be one more etc-update line if someone will ever change
28 the file, but that shouldn't happen too often, and besides, that's what
29 etc-update is for.
32 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net