From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The mess that's called KDEPIM 4.7 ...
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:07:11
1 On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:02:33 +0100
2 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > > The only thing that's keeping me from mutt is the zillion shortcut
5 > > commands that I need to learn ... old dog/new tricks and all that.
6 >
7 > Claws is okay, except that it does not work with maildirs, the is some
8 > import script or something to convert this to mbox format.
9 > Thunderbird also is a decent mail program.
10
11 I run an imap server (dovecot) locally to deal with that. It knows what
12 regular maildirs are and uses them. The main benefit is when changing
13 mail clients, NO migration is needed. Just point the new client at
14 localhost:143, and voila!
17 Alan McKinnnon
18 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com