From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] laptop desktop serial connection don't work on one direction
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:40:36
1 On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net> wrote:
4 > > I have connected the wires by hand, 3-2 and 2-3 but without 5.
5 > > I'll try it again today with 5 connected, and post my findings.
6 >
7 > Not having a common ground reference between the two sides could very
8 > well cause the kind of problems you're seeing :)
9 >
10 > andrea
11 >
12 > As you and bill suggested, the problem was the ground pin 5, which I
13 forgot about.
14 I now took care to connect the ground and also use it as a shield, and it
15 is working now.
16
17 Thank you all for your help,
18 Kfir