From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth disappeared because of MSWindows?
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 23:31:57
1 I came across a rather peculiar phenomenon today with my laptop. I realised
2 that my bluetooth controller was nowhere to be found. I thought running
3 hciconfig would bring it up, but all it did was to complain that there was no
4 device found. rfkill would not list it either.
5
6 Modprobing various modules did not produce a device, so searching for answers
7 I thought of booting into MSWindows. After I enabled the device in MSWindows
8 I rebooted into Linux and was surprised to see the bluetooth controller was
9 visible again in lspci.
10
11 How come that switching off the device in one OS, affects the other? :-/
12
13 What should I do next time to enable bluetooth from within Linux?
16 PS. There's a parallel to this with the same laptop. Some years ago audio
17 would randomly never come up at boot and no amount of alsactl could wake it
18 up. A swift reboot into MSWindows would reset audio and all would work fine
19 in Linux thereafter. Some cursory troubleshooting at the time didn't help me
20 much. I don't expect that the two issues are related, but thought of
21 mentioning it just in case.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick