From: alain.didierjean@××××.fr
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64 Stability?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:00:54
1 Selon "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>:
2
3 > Can anybody on this list indicate what kind of stability they have seen
4 > with AMD64 systems using Gentoo (the AMD 64-bit binaries)? How about
5 > the majority of ports in the portage tree?
6 >
7 I've been running gentoo amd64 since february, a few ~amd64 apps (lyx, tellico,
8 splint and a few TeX packages) on a 3800x2 processor, 64 bits mode, without any
9 problem except for snns which cannot be compiled in 64 bits mode. I just had to
10 replace it by its successor, JavaNNS (which has not yet an ebuild) and woom..!!
11 all's fine.
12 I emerged -e world after switching to gcc-4.1.1 and could appreciate dual core
13 speed (it replaced a bi-PII 256 Mhz computer).
14 Gentoo rules !
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list