From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange python-updater error
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 05:37:43
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2010-06-09 12:28 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:21:17 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>> I'm guessing it won't hurt anything, again as long as I don't
7 >>>> stupidly switch to it?
8 >>>>
9 >
10 >>> Right.
11 >>>
12 >
13 >> And if a script specifically wants Python 3, it is there for it to
14 >> use.
15 >>
16 > Cool, thanks guys...
20 I agree with the other replies. You have it there now so just let it
21 be. Just don't switch to it until there is a news item that says
22 everything is ready. I would even make sure everything depends on
23 python 3 and nothing depends on python 2 before switching, just in case
24 you have something that will break and cause you grief.
25
26 To think the devs didn't believe this was going to cause some confusion.
27 < sighs >
28
29 Dale
30