From: "Michael Stewart (vericgar)" <vericgar@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help With vhost.conf apache2
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:59:06
1 Tito Valentin wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 >
4 > I am trying to get apache to work with a few vhost. The problem is that
5 > when I hit www.domain.com it shows the apache page rather than the
6 > actual site. In order for me to be able to view the site I have to type
7 > www.domain.dom/folder and then the site comes up. Here is what I have
8 > done so far with the vhost.conf files:
9
10 A quick guess without looking in detail at your config... if parts of
11 the virtual host are working, but the root isn't, then it makes me think
12 it's a cache issue. Clear your browser's cache and try the page again.
15 > /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/01_my_domain_vhost.conf
16 > <VirtualHost www.my_domain.com>
17 > ServerAdmin webmaster@my_domain.com
18 > DocumentRoot /var/www/localhost/htdocs/parknorthcondos
19 > DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
20 > ServerName www.my_domain.com
21 > ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/vhosts/my_domain_error_log
22 > CustomLog /var/log/apache2/vhosts/my_domain_access_log common
23 > </VirtualHost>
24
25 You need to use <VirtualHost *:80>. The argument to a VirtualHost is the
26 NameVirtualHost that it matches to (NameVirtualHost *:80 should be in
27 the default config)
28
29 I would also suggest, using /var/www/my_domain/htdocs instead of
30 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/my_domain
33 Michael Stewart vericgar@g.o
34 Gentoo Developer http://dev.gentoo.org/~vericgar
35