From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cpu frequency scaling not working on Centrino
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:14:21
1 Hi,
2
3 Some time back my cpu frequency scaling stopped working. I was having
4 issues with e17 as well so left it for a bit with the result that I
5 can't pinpoint the kind of changes that made it stop working. So here
6 goes
7
8 Dell Latitude D810 with 2GHz Centrino. Kernels 2.6.18-suspend2 and
9 2.6.19. All relevant kernel code compiled as a module. This snippet
10 from /etc/modules.autoload/kernel2.6 used to work:
11
12 speedstep_centrino
13 cpufreq_stats
14 freq_table
15 cpufreq_conservative
16 cpufreq_ondemand
17 #cpufreq_performance
18 cpufreq_powersave
19 cpufreq_userspace
20 #p4-clockmod
21 #speedstep_ich
22 #speedstep_lib
23
24 On boot, I get an error when loading speedstep-centrino that a device or
25 resource is busy. But I can then log in, rmmod all these modules and
26 manually modprobe them in the above order, and it works fine.
27
28 Perhaps I'm missing a module, or loading them in the wrong order but I
29 don't find any docs setting me straight on this, and I've checked again
30 and am sure I followed
31 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/power-management-guide.xml correctly?
32
33 Help anyone?