From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} hire a programmer or company?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:13:31
1 >> > You can get away with almost anything except these two things:
2 >> >
3 >> > Do not micro-manage
4 >> > Do not tell them how to do what they do
5 >>
6 >> Could you give me an example of this last one?
7 >
8 > - I see you are using Perl with hashrefs to do function xyz. Have you
9 > considered (i.e. I would like you to) using $INSERT_SOMETHING_HERE?
10
11 So if I see a way that their coding could be improved (faster
12 execution, greater legibility, etc) I just keep quiet about it?
13
14 > - Wanting to personally review the code often. I've seen some managers
15 >  want to do this daily.
16
17 How often should I read their code? I was planning on reading it a lot.
18
19 - Grant