From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:40:38
1 > Did you already tried to pass to mount the arguments ? Like mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /boot ! Try this, about the
2 > fstab, it's right, but to know what is wrong with your systems i probably need more information. Maybe someone
3 > in this list had this problem once and know the solution.
4 >
5 > Good luck!
6
7 Thank you, manually specifying the filesystem type did work. How does
8 mount know which fs type to try when it isn't specified? I haven't
9 had this problem before and I never specify the type.
10
11 - Grant
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list