From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: "Reset" of USB when switching to console and back to X?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 14:19:53
1 On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have attached an old keyboard (PS/2-connector) via an
5 > USB-PS/2-adaptor to my PC.
6 >
7 > When typing too fast (...) the three LEDs of the keyboard flashes
8 > and everything typed then is typed as if the CTRL-Key constantly
9 > locked (I am using the X-window-system with openbox as windowmanager.
10 > There is no session management.)
11 >
12 > It is possible to revert back to normal when I switch
13 > from X-windows to the Linux console (CTRL-ALT-F1) and back
14 > to X (CTRL-ALT-F7).
15 >
16 > My question is:
17 > What part (PC? Adapator? Keyboard?) gets out of sync here is
18 > "resetted" (somehow), while switching between console and
19 > X-windows?
20 >
21 > How can I reset the behaviour without switching? How can I
22 > prevent the behaviour completly?
23
24 FWIW I have experienced that same behavior with several PS/2 to USB
25 adapters, in Windows, in Linux, etc. I think it's a common problem
26 with those adapters in general. I've never used one that didn't "go
27 crazy" a few times a day.