From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb scanner HP2200c
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:00:29
1 On Sunday 14 January 2007 11:38, Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] usb scanner HP2200c':
3 > On AD 2007 January 13 Saturday 12:22:25 PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > > Don't apologise, if you know it's wrong, don't do it. Not only do I
5 > > get two copies of your mail, but of every response when someone uses
6 > > Reply to All :(
7 >
8 > That's the way some mailing lists work because it's more 'RFC compliant'
9 > and stuff.
10
11 I'd like to hear what RFC that suggests CCing the author of the email by
12 default, please.
13
14 From what I understand the recommended default reply behavior is to reply
15 to only the "Reply-To" or, if that header is absent, "From"
16 header. "Reply to all" to a feature that all MUAs should have, but it's
17 used more often with large multiple TO+CC addresses rather than on lists.
20 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh