From: "Arnau Bria Ramírez" <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] addusr (gentoo v. fedora)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:47:50
1 El Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:10:45 +0000
2 THUFIR HAWAT dijo:
3
4 > Pardon, but I'm not clear on this command, apparently. Coming from
5 > fedora, I could just create a user, change the password, login, and
6 > everything would be set. However, gentoo doesn't create
7 > /home/user_name ? No problem, I created that directory. However,
8 > "startx" as that user gives errors. I can capture those errors, but
9 > apparently I'm going about this the wrong way. ?
10
11 Probably your home doesn't belong to you, or has very restrictive permission.
12
13 > I also tried creating a user from gnome but ran into the same problem.
14
15 I do not use gnome... :-(
16
17 > thanks,
18 > Thufir
19
20 HTH
23 Arnau Bria
24 http://blog.emergetux.net
25
26 Por regla general, las chicas malas suelen ser las que están más buenas.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list