From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amarok
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:34:53
1 On Monday 20 September 2010 11:32:57 am András Csányi wrote:
2 > I like amarok, I don't know why just I like it. Yesterday, when I
3 > switched off amarok I saw the CPU using went down from ~40% to ~3% and
4 > kwin from ~30% to ~1%.
5
6 I use amarok all the time, although its not lite, its cpu usage is normally
7 arround 5-7 % while playing and kwin is arround ~1% (when amarok is minimised
8 to the tray). When the window is shown the usage is slightly higher(kwin
9 arround 15%) this i think is because ive got the images applet enabled which
10 shows a sort of slide show of images with various transitioning effects like
11 (blending).
12
13 im on 2.3.1. what version are you using? try upgrading to the latest? try
14 disabling a few applets that you dont need or might be heavy.
15
16 > My machine has 4GB RAM and nvidia (geforce 8400), but
17 > the CPUs are celeron. The system is 64 bit.
18
19 ive got a similar machine but with a core 2 duo cpu
20
21 > I had a lot of stability problems with amarok on opensuse. IMHO it's
22 > not worth the hassle, go with one of the alternatives.
23
24 well i guess its improved a lot lately, ive never had any stablity issues with
25 amarok.
28 - Yohan Pereira.