From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java plugin in Midori web browser
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 04:01:45
1 On Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:25:43 PM José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
2 > I need help getting java plugin working in the Midori web browser.
3 >
4 > I have dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin-1.8.0.51 installed on my ~amd64
5 > system.
6 >
7 > The plugin works with Firefox.
8 >
9 > Romildo
10
11 I don't use midori, but according to their FAQ it uses firefox's plugin, so
12 run:
13
14 eselect java-nsplugin list
15
16 And check that it's properly set. Then try:
17
18 # MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins midori
19
20 Replace midori with whatever the midori executable is called.
21
22 Now are you sure that it works with firefox? I ask because I use the same
23 package and I recently noticed that it's not working with firefox. What firefox
24 version you have?
27 Fernando Rodriguez