From: Sathish Vasudevaiah <svholla@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] building a binary distribution
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:13:38
1 I have a mythtv box (mini-ITX based, cyrix processor) which
2 is very flow for any compilation. This system has the portage
3 snapshot of 20051009. I would like to upgrade gentoo on
4 to the current version ( Mythtv-0.20, X.org 7.1, gcc 4.1,
5 kernel >=2.6.18) .
6
7 As the mythtv box is very slow for compilations, is it possible to
8 build a binary distribution for that configuration on a different
9 fast machine ? Last time (Oct.2005) when the stage3 install was done,
10 I had to put the CFLAGS as "march=i586 -m3dnow" for a stable system.
11 How to do that in a binary distribution build?
14 Thanks
15 sathish
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list