From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkfs.reiserfs hangs system?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:09:18
1 Am 25.04.2013 18:08, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
5 >> Are there any error/warnings in dmes or the logs?
6 >>
7 >> Maybe the disk is toast? Can you create other file systems?
10 > Can't get to see dmesg, the system locked up tight.
11 >
12 > I can create an ext4 fs on a different partition, and since the 'disk' is
13 > actually a RAID array, if the array is going south, I should see the same
14 > problem with ext4, right?
17 That was my guess, that if it is indeed a hardware error, you would get
18 the same error when trying to create a different fs on the same partition.
19
20 A total system lock is strange. Do you have to physically reset the
21 machine, or does SysRq Key still work?
22
23 I'm still guessing that it is a hardware related problem.