From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] General weirdness - a tale of woe.
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:37:08
1 On Friday 29 May 2015 16:19:38 Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 29 May 2015 10:36:37 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I had two sets of problems: one in KDE which I might have nailed finally
4 > > [1], and one at boot time in which /dev/md7 (RAID-1 with metadata > 1.0)
5 > > was not being started.
6 > >
7 > > [1] Whenever I've had KMail screw up I've created a new user and
8 > > re-imported its 14,000 e-mails, and until this latest time I've copied the
9 > > .mozilla directory from the old user to the new. This time I did not, and
10 > > so far all looks rosy. I'm not counting any chickens yet though.
11 >
12 > Did you try deleting the akonadi database file(s) and restarting it instead
13 > of creating a new user? You will have to be patient, probably let it run
14 > overnight to asynchronously sync and re-index all your messages.
15
16 I don't think I dare risk it:
17
18 $ find . -name \*akonadi\* | wc
19 49 49 2665
20 $ find . -name \*akonadi\*dat | wc
21 13 13 901
22
23 How would I know which to delete and which to leave alone? No, it may be more
24 work to start again with a clean slate, but at least I can be confident of not
25 screwing anything up too badly.
28 Rgds
29 Peter