From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU: computer won't shut down [UPDATE]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:48:10
1 On 2020-06-09 23:53, n952162 wrote:
2 > I posted about this problem perhaps a year ago - when running with
3 > AMDGPU, my system won't turn off, I have to hold the power button down
4 > for a long time, forcing it down.
5 >
6 > At that time, various people commented. but AMDGPU didn't work at all
7 > for me in the end, didn't talk to my HDMI display.
8 >
9 > I gave up on it.
10 >
11 > Thanks to all the great help here, I finally got my system properly
12 > updated and AMDGPU working, and it  finally talks to my HDMI display.
13 > But, it still doesn't shut down.
14 >
15 > Is it a bug?  Is my system still not right?  Is there something I have
16 > to do yet?
17 >
18 >
19
20 The following assignment is on the linux line when booting in grub:
21
22 amdgpu.dc=1
23
24 When I make that 0, the system shuts down properly when the power button
25 is pressed.
26
27 When it's 1, the system hangs after blank screen  when that button is
28 pressed.