From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache2 without DNS?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:09:08
1 On Thursday 30 March 2006 05:21, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I run a minimalistic, closed, (not connected to the internet), network for
5 > machines. This network does not run any DNS, and it works beautifully, very
6 > low in bandwidth, all static IPs. I do not wish to argue about the merits
7 > of not running DNS on a network, it's a given, out of my control!
8 >
9 > I installed Jffnms on a server, along with the other required software:
10 > apache2, php4, postgresql etc etc as describe in this document:
11 >
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/jffnms.xml
13 >
14 > I can find the main setup pages in the
15 > /var/www/localhost/htdocs/htdocs/admin/ dir from the command line:
16 > menu.php sat_session.inc.php
17 > calendar.php menu_frame.php satellite.php
18 > color_select.php menu_interface_list.php setup.php
19 >
20 > http://192.168.2.9/ pops up the usually apache2 default page....
21 >
22 > But I cannot get to the
23 > /var/www/localhost/htdocs/htdocs/admin/setup.php page, from a web browser
24 > running on neither the server, nor anywhere on the network. The default
25 > apache2 page does pop up on a web browser from any machine on
26 > the network, including the apache2 server.
27 >
28 > This is probably really simple. Bear in mind that I'm far, far
29 > from a whiz with apache et.al. being more of a 'hardware type'.
30 >
31 > are the repeated htdocs/htdocs dirs the problem?
32 >
33 > What's wrong or what do I need to tryto get this to work.?
36 > James
37
38 check permissions on those directories and files, if that the case, then
39 change 'apache' can read, and for setup time give write access too to config
40 files.
43 martins
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list