From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vmWare HowTo / best practices
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:22:10
1 Hi all,
2
3 Previously I had asked for some help with a preconfigured image, but
4 decided against that, and have been playing and reading.
5
6 I'm ready to get down to brass tacks with the ultimate goal of getting a
7 new gentoo vm up and running on my esxi host this weekend.
8
9 Can someone point me to some recent/decent docs on best practices for
10 this? Ideally gentoo related, but just general linux related would be ok
11 too.
12
13 Things like vmware-tools installation (is open-vm-tools good enough
14 nowadays?), time syncing, snapshots/backups, etc is what I'm looking for.
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Charles