From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Disk recommendations?
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:03:03
1 On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've seen some discussion of hard disks on this list recently, but I didn't
5 > notice any reference to Samsung Spinpoint F3 disks.
6 >
7 > I have two of these in my workstation; if I were thinking of adding 3 more to
8 > make a more robust system, what advice would I receive?
9 >
10 > --
11 > Rgds
12 > Peter
13
14 Some questions:
15
16 Are you running a RAID?
17
18 Are you considering going to RAID?
19
20 Are you looking for a little redundancy or a lot of redundancy?
21
22 What are your future space & drive bandwidth requirements vs today's
23 requirements?
24
25 Sort of hard to give any inputs (not even advice) not knowing what
26 your usage model is.
27
28 Cheers,
29 Mark