From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Keyboard handling weird... in 2.6.30?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:30:44
1 On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM, walt<w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >
4 >> try this: Type some text, like
5 >> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and then hold left arrow. Your
6 >> cursor will move to the left until you release the key. Now try to
7 >> hold the right arrow after you've already been holding the left arrow.
8 >> It will start to move to the right. Previously, it would continue
9 >> moving to the right after you released the left arrow. Now, the
10 >> keyboard repeat STOPS once you release the PREVIOUS key. So, in other
11 >> words, the repeating of the right arrow is stopped when I release the
12 >> left arrow... which causes the cursor to stop, and causes me to become
13 >> aggravated. :P
14 >
15 > Not very helpful, sorry, but I'm running the most recent 2.6.30 from
16 > Linus and I don't see the same thing here. I'm not running the gentoo
17 > kernel, though, so things may not be comparable.
18 >
19 > Have to say that I've never held down both arrow keys at the same time
20 > before today.
21
22 Apparently I do it all the time and never realized it. It affects all
23 repeatable keys, not just the arrows, and it is driving me crazy. :)
24 Thanks for testing! I will keep searching...
25
26 I will also add that I am using a USB keyboard, in case it matters.