From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ZFS
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 04:49:50
1 > I think many folks are interested in upgrading to EXT4 with RAID from
2 > an ordinary JBOD workstation(server); or better yet to ZFS on RAID. I wish
3 > one of the brighter minds amongst us would put out a skeleton
4 > (wiki) information page as such:
5 >
6 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ZFS+RAID
7 >
8 > I know I have struggled with completing this sort of installation
9 > several time in the last 6 months. I'm sure this (proposed) wiki page
10 > would get lots of updates from the Gentoo user community. Surely,
11 > I'm not qualified to do this, or it would have already been on the
12 > gentoo wiki....
13 >
14 > Much of the older X + RAID pages are deprecated, when one considers
15 > the changes that accompany such an installation ( Grub2, UUID, fstab,
16 > partitioning of drives, Kernel options, just to name a few). We're
17 > talking about quite a bit of deviation from the standard handbook
18 > installation, fraught with hidden, fatal mis-steps.
19
20 Any important points or key concepts a ZFS newbie should remember when
21 installing with it for the first time?
22
23 - Grant