From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia 6629? was: modular Xorg made it to ~x86
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:30:56
1 On Monday 27 March 2006 22:55, Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] nvidia 6629? was: modular Xorg made it to ~x86':
3 > Iain Buchanan wrote:
4 > > I need a functional X on this box, but
5 > > I'm happy to put up with a few quirks. What are the gotcha's?
6 >
7 > Has anyone tried Xorg7 with nvidia 1.0.6629?
8
9 Nope, I'm running pure ~amd64, so I am using the 8xxx line of drivers.
10 They seem fine to me; have you tried upgrading? Or, perhaps you are using
11 an old video card?
14 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
15 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
16 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
17 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh