From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question of quantum computer
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 03:05:57
1 Boricua Siempre <borikua.1978.2@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello
4 >
5 > I have reading of quantum computing and I want know what operating
6 > systems are use in quantum computers. And I read quantum computers
7
8 I don't think that (yet) there exists computers that are completely
9 based on quantum components. Maybe they have a quantum based arithmetic
10 unit but the other components are certainly conventional. I don't know
11 what kind of OS is used on such machines. But I wouldn't be surprised
12 if it is some kind of BSD or Linux (maybe Gentum-OS). ;-)
13
14 > can use particols moving faster than light but on other book
15 > particels faster than light make analog sonar boom that can destroy
16 > universe. Is quantum computer dangerus? Sorry if my english not good,
17 > still learning.
18
19 I'm really not an expert on quantum physics but I don't think that a
20 quantum computer could be dangerous. :-)
21
22 In fact, "a quantum is the minimum amount of any physical entity
23 involved in an interaction" (wikipedia).
24
25 I could imagine that a single high energy gamma quantum (that can have
26 a energy of some MeV) could maybe destroy a flash memory cell or a DNA
27 molecule. But such high energetic photons are not used in quantum
28 computers. Quantum does there only means that they are using very small
29 entities which can be described by the theories of quantum mechanic,
30 like electron spins or quantum entangled photons.
31
32 And of course there doesn't exist particles that are moving faster than
33 light (at least no such particle is ever be detected and AFAIK there
34 are absolutely no indications that such particles exits). You probably
35 mean "quantum teleportation". But this has nothing to to with the
36 movement of particles. It is a phenomenon that results from the quantum
37 entanglement of e.g. two electrons and has to do with the nonlocality
38 of such phenomenons. When you measure the quantum attributes of one of
39 these two electrons you instantaneous influence the quantum attributes
40 of the other one, regardless of its distance. But if you wanna know the
41 quantum attributes of the second electron you need the information
42 about the measurement of the first one. And because you cannot transmit
43 this information faster than light you also cannot use "quantum
44 teleportation" to really transmit information faster than light.
45
46 My English as well as my knowledge about quantum physics is not
47 sufficient to explain it better. But you can find many information about
48 the strange and also fascination aspects of quantum mechanics in the
49 internet. Just look at wikipedia.
52 Regards
53 wabe