From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS vs. jumbo frames
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:09:52
1 Matthias Bethke wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 2007-04-24 at 15:38:12, I wrote:
3 >> I have googled for quite a while but can't find a thing.
4 >> Anyone here using NFS and GigE+jumbo frames with Gentoo?
5 >
6 > Just to follow up for the archives' sake: this seems to be an old and
7 > frustrating problem, I've run into a few messages dating back to 2002 of
8 > people with similar problems. Like here:
9 > http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2002-December/005568.html
10 > and a more recent one on Sun hardware:
11 > http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=74750
12 >
13 > I've switched back to MTU 1500 for now and if I find the time I'll ask
14 > for news on this on some kernel list.
15
16 Neither of these cases should have any relation to your problem since
17 they talking about NFS on a 2.4 kernel or over UDP in NFSv2.
18
19 kashani
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list