From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing virtual machine under gentoo
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 05:43:00
1 On Sat, 01 Jan 2022 23:55:45 -0500,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > On 1/1/22 1:19 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > In my experience it often takes either a logout/in or a reboot
6 >
7 > Ya....
8 >
9 > Depending on what you actually /need/ to use the new group for
10 > you can probably ssh to localhost or possibly use the `newgrp`
11 > command go switch your primary group to the group that you've
12 > been added to which hasn't been loaded (?) instantiated (?)
13 > ... in the current session.
17 Well, for a normal tty session, it was OK to log out and back and then
18 the kvm group was seen, but to get the gnome session to see the kvm
19 group, I had to log out of all my sessions and then the kvm group was
20 seen, but the message still says qem/kvm not commected.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici wb2una