From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Apache, userdir, and CGI with suexec
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:39:57
1 I use userdir on Apache on my server box. In /etc/apache2/httpd.conf I
2 have UserDir set to webspace/html instead of public_html. I want to
3 create a webspace/cgi-bin directory for each of my users to store (and
4 access) their CGI scripts in (cgi-bin should be outside the DocumentRoot
5 for security purposes), and I want the CGI scripts to execute as the
6 users they belong to. However, I read somewhere that Apache with CGI
7 under UserDirs will trip if not configured properly at compile time. I
8 think I need to alter something in the ebuild for Apache, and I think
9 it's value of the USERDIR variable, but what do I need to change it to
10 to get this to work? The document root of all users is ~/webspace/html,
11 but the user's CGI directory is ~/webspace/cgi-bin. What do I need to
12 change the USERDIR variable in the ebuild to to get this to work?
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list