From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:43:09
1 Hi,
2 After months of working really well I've just recently started
3 having trouble with our MythTV setup. I'm looking into what's gone
4 wrong. The symptom is that recordings periodically look like you're
5 hitting fast forward. Both audio and video are messed up in the same
6 way. All machines are Gentoo 32-bit.
7
8 The setup is like this:
9
10 - dragonfly - the Myth backend machine has two PVR capture cards in
11 it. Running on the system is mythbackend, mysql and the ivtv driver
12 for the cards. This machine is my wife's desktop box and is updated
13 regularly. I'm seeing various ivtv messages all of a sudden, along
14 with a specific NFS message:
15
16 nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
17
18 The kernel is getting a bit old now. Emerge world happens often on this box.
19 dragonfly ~ # uname -a
20 Linux dragonfly 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 #3 Thu Aug 4 06:43:20 PDT 2005 i686
21 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
22 dragonfly ~ #
23
24 - myth14 - this is actually a Myth frontend only machine, but it has a
25 large disk and serves as the main storage for our recordings. This
26 machine hasn't been updated in at least 45 days. I see no messages or
27 problems on this machine.
28
29 myth14 ~ # uname -a
30 Linux myth14 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 #2 Tue Aug 2 16:31:31 PDT 2005 i686
31 Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.26GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
32 myth14 ~ #
33
34 The two machines are hooked together via wired Ethernet going to a
35 DLink switch. These machines have been in this configuration for
36 roughly 2-3 months and have worked great until recently when this
37 problem started.
38
39 Does anyone know what the message above mean and is it telling me
40 there's a real problem here, or is it truly just a warning and I
41 should look somewhere else for a solution to this Myth problem?
42
43 Thanks,
44 Mark
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list