From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange error when trying to start network
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:35:12
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am Montag 26 Oktober 2009 21:29:24 schrieb covici:
4 > > What are new style networking scripts -- which package is that. The
5 > > /etc/conf.d/net.example seems not to have changed since May.
6 >
7 > The ones that come with newer versions of openrc. If you decide to use them,
8 > your configuration now goes into network, but you also have to use the
9 > corresponding init script.
10 I do have openrc 0.5.2-r1 -- is there some documentation of the new
11 style? For dhcp things still work correctly in /etc/conf.d/net and
12 even for a static one if I don't need a default route, it seems to work.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici