From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to create a LiveCD with madwifi and wpa_supplicant support?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 05:18:24
1 On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:02:01 +0200
2 "Johan Tibell" <johan.tibell@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I would like to create a custom LiveCD which is identical to the x86
5 > 2006.0 one but includes the latest madwifi (madwifi-ng?) and
6 > wpa_supplicant ebuilds so my WLAN works out-of-the-box when I boot
7 > using it. What would be the simplest way to achieve this? lspci
8 > reports that my WLAN card is a:
9 >
10 > 0000:02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212
11 > 802.11abg NIC (rev 03)
12 >
13 > Thanks in advance,
14 >
15 > Johan
16 > --
17 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
18
19 Check out catalyst, it is the tool the devs use to build a cd. The .spec (config) files are in gentoo's cvs, and probably elsewhere as well. It takes a while to build a cd as it installs a system image and then builds the cd from that.
20
21 You'll need to change the .spec file to get it to build the packages you want.
22
23 You should emerge catalyst with the dos USE flag to get the samples.
24
25 There are easier ways to make a custom boot cd, slax springs to mind: http://www.slax.org/ However that will not get you the gentoo install packages onto the cd. It should get you a bootable cd from which you can do the usual gentoo install from.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list