From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] digital camera - Longshot!
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:15:16
1 On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 13:50 -0400, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2 > Dear All,
3 > I've just taken delivery of a shiny new microscope with a digital imaging
4 > system. Essentially a fancy usb webcam. As usual out of the box there is no
5 > Linux support. The model is a Q Imaging Go-3. Their website doesn't mention
6 > linux support except in the context of the firewire models.
7 > I've done a lsusb and got the following info:
8 > Bus 001 Device 003: ID 5354:80e3 [no model or manufacturer info]
9
10 I couldn't find any info about your webcam, but this guy
11 (http://mxhaard.free.fr/) has done a lot of webcam work. You might want
12 to try the media-video/gspcav1 ebuild and the spca driver and see.
13
14 HTH,
18 "And I don't like doing silly things (except on purpose)."
19 -- Larry Wall in <1992Jul3.191825.14435@×××××××.com>
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list