From: Andreas Fredriksson <deplinenoise@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Ebuild with scons and sandbox
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:47:46
1 On 8/16/05, Nagatoro <nagatoro@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > First off, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!
5 >
6 > I'm trying to write an ebuild for linuxdcpp (a gtk port of DC++). This
7 > nice app uses scons and not make as the build tool. When I build it
8 > manually it works just fine, but when I try to build it with emerge (or
9 > ebuild) I get this:
10 > Code:
11 >
12 > scons: done building targets.
13 > ACCESS DENIED open_wr: /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/.scons25064
14
15 [ SNIP ]
16
17 > it seems to me like scons is littering the filesystem with somesort of
18 > lock files but I've been unable to find any information on this. Does
19 > anyone know how I can prevent scons from trying to make these files or
20 > how I can fool scons into thinking that it could?
21
22 I'm a SCons user so maybe I can shed some light on the issue. SCons
23 uses content signatures rather than time stamps by default, that is it
24 detects file changes by accumulating MD5 signatures of preprocessed
25 data (i.e. with dependencies).
26
27 This doesn't work very well on directories such as /usr, but SCons
28 suppresses these errors by default since it's a normal situation on
29 UNIX-like systems.
30
31 The usual way is to move the include paths from SCons' CPPPATH
32 construction variable to the CXXFLAGS (or CCFLAGS). This way SCons
33 doesn't get to see the directories and therefore ignores the files
34 during the dependency scan.
35
36 You can also change the target signatures method to use time stamps
37 ranther than content stamps.
38
39 A good resource for making these modifications would be the scons site
40 at www.scons.org and the wiki on the same site which has lots of
41 information.
42
43 Regards,
44 Andreas
45 --
46 And I hate redundancy, and having different functions for the same thing.
47 - Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list