From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] newish vbox gentoo guest crashes from startx
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:34:46
1 Setup:
2
3 gentoo 32bit vbox guest on win 10 64bit host
4 Installed xorg-server, lxde Meta pkgs and deps
5 (along with many other pkgs ... to many to list
6 here but included at the end)
7
8 uname -a:
9 Linux g0 4.8.8-gentoo #2 Fri Nov 18 20:16:14 EST 2016 i686 Intel(R)
10 Xeon(R) CPU X5450 @ 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
11
12 Theoretically the install should be ready now to run X and lxde.
13 However, when I run `startlxde' nothing whatsoever happens. At least
14 not at the command line or visibly. Prompt just returns lamely.
15
16 However, if I run startx. The vm crashes clear to power off or
17 sometimes just becomes inoperable with these error messages showing.
18 (Note: nothing can be clicked moved or etc at this point)

VBox_Gentoo_Crash_Startx.png image/png