From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Video editing advice on formats and size of file
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:19:24
1 Howdy,
2
3 I been trying to get this to work right for a goooooood while now. I'm
4 confused here. I have some videos that I download that are split up.
5 Some have two or three parts and a few 4 or 5. What I can't get is
6 this, I can't seem to take say two 250Mb videos and make it come
7 anywhere near 500Mbs when spliced together. They usually end up being
8 1.5Gb and sometimes much more. I use Kdenlive to do this with. I have
9 tried every setting that I can find. I have used exiftool to try to
10 match the encoding and rates and all that with no improvement or very
11 little improvement.
12
13 Is there some secret spice that I am missing or something? Why can't I
14 take two videos and splice them together and it be something close to
15 the two file sizes added together? I'm not asking for a perfect fit but
16 at least something close. If I can get 2 250Mb videos to splice
17 together and be 600Mbs, that would be good enough.
18
19 Thanks.
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
27
28 Miss the compile output? Hint:
29 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"