From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no more googleearth in portage
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 12:33:08
1 On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:15:49 +0200
2 Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Urs Schütz wrote:
5 > > On 09/20/17 07:55, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
6 > >> I suppose it's due to Google's choice to support only Chrome,
7 > >> although I missed the Gentoo news bit if there was one.
8 > >>
9 > >> For Android there is the really good Open Street Map application,
10 > >> are there any desktop alternatives in Portage for non-Chrome
11 > >> users? I know OSM has a web interface but I'd prefer a standalone
12 > >> application.
13 > >
14 > > Maybe  sci-geosciences/viking ?
15 > > Try to change the map from MapQuest to MapNik to get a first
16 > > impression.
17 >
18 > Thanks to all for replies, I think I'll start with viking, qgis looks
19 > more complicated for a beginner. But as always (mapquest vs mapnik?
20 > why there are two? why should choose?) when you scrape the surface
21 > complexity immediately emerges so it will take some time and study.
22
23 kde-apps/marble is good. But unlike OsmAnd for Android it only uses
24 online, pre-rendered maps (they are cached to disk though).
25
26 Robert
30 Róbert Čerňanský
31 E-mail: openhs@×××××××××.com