From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Cannot delete symlinks which point to folders on a different filesystem
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:36:29
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm having a problem with Nautilus from Gnome 2.16 (I also had this
4 with 2.14.x).
5
6 On my Desktop folder, I've got a symlink:
7
8 alexander@blatt ~/Desktop $ ls -la `pwd`/Bilder
9 lrwxrwxrwx 1 alexander alexander 20 23. Sep 16:07 /home/alexander/Desktop/Bilder -> /mnt/HD/share/Bilder
10
11 When I now try to move this link into the trash (by selecting it and
12 pressing <Del> or by selecting the appropriate action from the context
13 menu), I get an error message:
14
15 Fehler: »Nicht auf demselben Dateisystem«
16 beim Löschen von »/home/alexa...top/Bilder«.
17
18 Wollen Sie fortfahren?
19
20 [ Abbrechen ] [ Wiederholen ]
23 Error "Not on the same file system"
24 while deleting "/home/alex...top/Bilder".
25
26 Would you like to continue?
27
28 [ Cancel ] [ Retry ]
29
30 (With a different user, I don't get any message at all - ie. there's
31 no message and just nothing happens when I hit <Del> - but that's
32 a different issue...)
33
34 Well, the message is correct - the symlink points to a different
35 filesystem. To a NFS mounted directory, to be exact.
36
37 Am I doing something wrong? How can I delete symlinks to a
38 different filesystem with Nautilus?
39
40 Thanks,
41
42 Alexander Skwar
43 --
44 Misery loves company, but company does not reciprocate.
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list