From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] network scripts miscellaneous questions
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 06:01:26
1 1. When I load the module for a network interface, the init scripts
2 are automatically running. So when I run net.X scripts, I find out
3 they have already been loaded. This is inconvenient because I have
4 various configurations that I need to edit when I boot.
5
6 2. For only one configuration, /etc/init.d/net.eth0 only assigns an
7 IP6 address. I am trying to set up this device as a specific IP
8 address. I have to run ifconfig and route to configure this
9 configuration. I am baffled. None of my net devices on my three
10 machines does this, only this one.
11
12 3. I notice (not sure whether this is consistent) that the net.X
13 scripts fail when there is no connection to the network.
14
15 I am not using anything special in the /etc/conf.d/net config file. I
16 am using ifconfig.
17
18 Alan Davis
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list