From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] pppconfig can't find internal modem.
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:26:04
1 My ADSL connection had a short outage yesterday. I discovered, to my
2 consternation, that my machine's internal modem wasn't being picked up.
3 This is a 1999 Dell PIII that refuses to die. The PCI modem has worked
4 in the past under Redhat and Gentoo. I am aware that I have to allocate
5 more than 4 serial ports in make menuconfig. "lspci -v" shows...
6
7 00:10.0 Serial controller: 3Com Corp, Modem Division 56K FaxModem Model 5610 (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [16550])
8 Subsystem: 3Com Corp, Modem Division Unknown device baba
9 Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
10 I/O ports at 1430 [size=8]
11 Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
12
13 I'm file-attaching a copy of .config. Any ideas?
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
18 Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?
19 A. I think it would be a good idea.

config text/plain