From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Total system hangs, flightgear, nvidia drivers
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 02:35:00
1 On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:43:45 -0500
2 fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Hell, I am running into some very irritating problems when trying to use
5 > newer nvidia drivers.
8 The newer Nvidia drivers have a tighter spec on speeds. They also now need
9 mode lines for, as I recall, resolutions above 1280x1024.
10
11 Also, as your monitor is one of those that has a flakey EDID (from reading your log),
12 any edid setting will get ignored.
13
14 The drivers do work, in most cases[1]. I'm running at 1920x1200 on 8174-r1. But
15 that is with a mode line. I still get occasional system hangs on my 2P amd64 system
16 while playing ut2004. But I think that may have to do with threads and audio.
17
18 Bob
19
20 [1] An SGI FP1600SW with an Nvidia 6xxx card at 1600x1024 is a case where none
21 of the drivers work, even with mode lines.
22 -
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list